The tour setting takes place on the coast of southern Tuscany for a few days and at Elba Island for the remaining duration of the tour.
The scenary is the gorgeous Tuscan landscape that settles slowly on the sea side by the beautiful beaches while the sun bursts through the sheer cliffs.
Especially the island of Elba where the green mountains and the crystal clear sea melt together uniting within a few kilometers of each other.
Small medieval villages high above the entire landscape that changes as you get closer to the sea;
and behold the cypresses, vineyards, and olive groves giving way to wheat fields and pinewoods.
The result is always the same: a panorama of disarming beauty.
People from all over the world come to enjoy this envious food and wine culture with authentic traditions that have been handed down for hundreds of years that are well conserved to this day.
At the end of the day, unbelievable food and an amazing glass of Chianti wine will give you the perfect energy to face the trip of the next day.
The island of Elba will be reached by boat; we will embark on our journey from Piombino to Portoferraio harbor via the bicycle (approximately 1 hour).
- Sunday: Arrival and welcome to Riotorto (Piombino).
- Monday: Riotorto, San Lorenzo, Montioni, Follonica, Riotorto.
- Tuesday: Riotorto, Piombino, Elba, Portoferraio, Marciana Marina.
- Wednesday: Marciana Marina, Marina di Campo, Lacona, Capoliveri.
- Thursday: Capoliveri, Porto Azzurro, Piombino, Riotorto.
- Friday: Riotorto, Piombino, Populonia, Baratti, Riotorto.
- Saturday: Goodybyes and departure of participants
MAIN POINTS OF INTEREST
- Piombino: known for its harbor and has a charming old town that ends with an enormous terrace overlooking the sea.
- Populonia: famous Etruscan city where you can enjoy a unique view of the Elba island and the Gulf of Baratti.
- Follonica: modern town known for its beach tourism and sea.
- Montioni: the small town from which departs the natural park of Montioni.
- San Lorenzo: a small town known for its wine cellar Petra.
- Elba Island: An island of incomparable beauty, surrounded by clear blue water, dotted with charming villages, and coves overlooking the sea.
DIFFICULTY AND FEATURES
Each day starts in the morning at about 8:30 am and ends approximately at 4:30 pm.
Each day will be approximately 40-50 km with an elevation of about 500-600 meters distributed on slight uphill slope. The roads are mostly dirt or paths in gravel, stone or packed earth. However, some parts (especially the island of Elba) will be on paved road.
The proper bike is mountain bike with front shocks.
The pace will be dictated by the guide; it will be slow to proceed together, with frequent stops to rest, drink, eat, take pictures, visit, and observe.
You need a minimal athletic training and a minimum mastery of driving the bike on uneven ground.
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS
The tour will only be operated with a minimum of 2 participants.
The maximum number is of 10 participants.
During the tours, in case of need, the guide will deal with any solution of small mechanical failures or punctures.